Science Lair: How VATT works
Science Lair LIVE about the principles and functioning of one of the world’s largest telescopes will be held on January 23, 2021 (Saturday) directly from the Vatican Observatory in Arizona, USA. Our special guest Padre Pavol Gábor, SJ, PhD., head of the Vatican Observatory will join us live and:
- explain the operation principle and construction of telescopes
- take us on virtual tour of VATT (Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope)
- answers all questions about the universe, its exploration and the work of astronomers
Did you know that Vatican observatory:
- is led by Slovak, native of Košice?
- is one of the oldest centers of scientific research in the world?
- has access to the world’s largest telescope?
- has workplace in the US state of Arizona?