Science Lair: Where did Easter come from
On Saturday, March 27, 2021, at 2PM, Science Lair will bring you LIVE Facebook lecture titled “Where did Easter come from?”. Mgr. Katarína Nádaská, PhD., famous Slovak ethnologist and historian, will talk about the entire genealogy of Easter holidays, ceremonies and rituals of Holy Week and the holidays themselves.
The lecture will address the following questions:
- What is the history of Easter?
- What is the importance of fasting?
- Why do girls get “flogged” and watered?
- Why do we keep this tradition in Slovakia?
- What is the significance of Easter eggs?
Expert on Slovak customs – Katarína Nádaská, will guide us through traditions that almost disappeared. It will be an adventure! You can read an interesting interview with her on SME Woman or check out her guest appearance at the Slovak Late Night show.